Recipe by fallsinn
If you like seasoned food you will love this!The mixture on this is done to perfection. This recipe was given to me about 25 years ago. Once you make a prime rib with this seasoning you will be told it is the best prime rib they ever tasted I guarantee it! This recipe is outstanding. I make a shaker of this & keep it on the back of my stove & use it on all my steaks also with soy sauce an hour before cooking. Enjoy!! Note: Will do 2 to 3 prime ribs
Top Review by kateshel
If baking the roast at 500 & then turning off the oven for 2 or more hours, does it hurt if the oven has a fan that cools the oven after you turn it off? Will the oven cool too fast? Our new oven does this.
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper (course)
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons msg (can omit, do not substitute with meat tenderizer)
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt (Johnny Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub 1/2 cup per 10 # meat. Rub and massage seasoning in with SOY SAUCE after all wet, work the seasoning in real good!
- keep adding more seasoning till you have the amount needed.
- Place in refrigerator, let seasoning soak into meat for 24 hours before cooking.
- Take a large onion or more to make 1" thick slices to.
- line down center of pan big enough to fit your piece of prime rib on! take rib out of refridgerator,sit at room temperature ½ before cooking.
- Cook 350° around 2 hrs or more depending
- on the weight size of the prime rib! Use a meat thermometer.
- Med: 140°.
- Well: 160°.
- May also Cook 500° 5 minutes per pound. After the 5 minutes times the pound of meat turn oven OFF. But you must leave oven door closed for 3 hours. NO Peaking.