1/17 Photos of Prime Rib Roast Beef With Fresh Garlic and Rosemary
1 hr 34 mins
1 hr 19 mins
I got the roasting idea from Paula Deen. When I first saw this way of cooking I said to myself "Get out of here"! BUT this is great for putting in the oven and going to a movie, spending time with guests, preparing the rest of the meal, or just you time. I changed the time to what worked for me. Seasoned to the way we like it. With lots of Fresh Garlic and Rosemary. I made boneless because that is what was for sale. And makes for easy slicing! The cooking time is the actual time roast is in oven while on. Add 3 hours for resting in cooling oven. Oven Door MUST stay closed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile mix salt pepper and rosemary together.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- 4Score roast in 10 random spots for the garlic. Rub roast with the seasoning mix. Place cloves into slices.
- 5Place roast on a rack in the pan with the fat side up.
- 6Roast for 1 hour.
- 7Turn off oven.
- 8Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours.
- 9About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast.
- 10Important-- Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until 20 minutes before ready to serve.
- 11Remove roast 20 minutes after heating.
- 12Slice end cuts for those that like medium well, center cuts for those that like it medium rare to rare.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prime Rib Roast Beef With Fresh Garlic and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 291.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef rib roast