Cook1 hr 19 mins
I got the roasting idea from Paula Deen. When I first saw this way of cooking I said to myself "Get out of here"! BUT this is great for putting in the oven and going to a movie, spending time with guests, preparing the rest of the meal, or just you time. I changed the time to what worked for me. Seasoned to the way we like it. With lots of Fresh Garlic and Rosemary. I made boneless because that is what was for sale. And makes for easy slicing! The cooking time is the actual time roast is in oven while on. Add 3 hours for resting in cooling oven. Oven Door MUST stay closed.
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile mix salt pepper and rosemary together.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Score roast in 10 random spots for the garlic. Rub roast with the seasoning mix. Place cloves into slices.
- Place roast on a rack in the pan with the fat side up.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours.
- About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast.
- Important-- Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until 20 minutes before ready to serve.
- Remove roast 20 minutes after heating.
- Slice end cuts for those that like medium well, center cuts for those that like it medium rare to rare.