Recipe by Rita~
I got the roasting idea from Paula Deen. When I first saw this way of cooking I said to myself "Get out of here"! BUT this is great for putting in the oven and going to a movie, spending time with guests, preparing the rest of the meal, or just you time. I changed the time to what worked for me. Seasoned to the way we like it. With lots of Fresh Garlic and Rosemary. I made boneless because that is what was for sale. And makes for easy slicing! The cooking time is the actual time roast is in oven while on. Add 3 hours for resting in cooling oven. Oven Door MUST stay closed.
Top Review by radavis3
I'll add to the 5 star ratings here. Did this for Christmas day Rib Eye Roast - 10lbs. Everyone raved about it. Even my parents who don't eat a lot of red meat went back for seconds. Finished it off by deglazing the pan and making a Cabernet reduction. This was a real winner and I will come back to it again to be sure. Thanks for sharing this one Rita.
- 1 (5 lb) boneless beef rib roast (bone optional)
- 1 -3 teaspoon coarse salt (generous amount)
- 1 -3 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 10 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile mix salt pepper and rosemary together.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Score roast in 10 random spots for the garlic. Rub roast with the seasoning mix. Place cloves into slices.
- Place roast on a rack in the pan with the fat side up.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave roast in oven but do not open oven door for 3 hours.
- About 30 to 40 minutes before serving time, turn oven to 375 degrees F and reheat the roast.
- Important-- Do not remove roast or re-open the oven door from time roast is put in until 20 minutes before ready to serve.
- Remove roast 20 minutes after heating.
- Slice end cuts for those that like medium well, center cuts for those that like it medium rare to rare.