Recipe by gary Lange
A friend gave me this recipe for a perfect rib roast every time.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Very good recipe, gary Lange. My husband likes his prime rib a little more well done that usual, so my cooking time was more like 3 hours and 20 minutes. But it was super delicious and remained quite moist despite the extra cooking time. Made for the Spring 2014 Pick-A-Chef event.
- 4 -6 lbs beef rib roast
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup minced dried onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh garlic
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, onions & garlic together & let sit for one hour.
- Also let rib roast stand at room temperature for one hour.
- After sitting for one hour, rub roast well with oil, onion& garlic mix.
- Again let stand for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sprinkle roast all over with seasoning salt, then place roast fat side up in roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into center of the roast without touching the bone.
- Roast until thermometer reads 140°F for rare (about 2 to 2 3/4 hours); 155°F for medium rare (2 1/4 to 3 1/4 hours).
- Tent roast with foil for 15 minutes.
- Temperature will rise about 5 degrees while tented.
- Slice to desired thickness & serve.