Prep 2 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
A friend gave me this recipe for a perfect rib roast every time.
Make and share this Prime Rib Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Mix oil, onions & garlic together & let sit for one hour.
- Also let rib roast stand at room temperature for one hour.
- After sitting for one hour, rub roast well with oil, onion& garlic mix.
- Again let stand for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sprinkle roast all over with seasoning salt, then place roast fat side up in roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer into center of the roast without touching the bone.
- Roast until thermometer reads 140°F for rare (about 2 to 2 3/4 hours); 155°F for medium rare (2 1/4 to 3 1/4 hours).
- Tent roast with foil for 15 minutes.
- Temperature will rise about 5 degrees while tented.
- Slice to desired thickness & serve.
Very good recipe, gary Lange. My husband likes his prime rib a little more well done that usual, so my cooking time was more like 3 hours and 20 minutes. But it was super delicious and remained quite moist despite the extra cooking time. Made for the Spring 2014 Pick-A-Chef event.
This is so good just made it family loves it! Thanks Gary
I used this recipe for Christmas Day this year and it came out WONDERFUL I threw a dash of Chayenne pepper with the seasoning salt for a little kick and it was great.