Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is the best prime rib recipe I have ever made.
Make and share this Prime Rib Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat the prime rib with the thick worcestershire sauce.
- Coat with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Insert oven safe thermometer, or you can use an instant read thermometer.
- Place roast in a roasting pan.
- Place prime rib in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, turn the oven down to 275 degrees and cook the prime rib's internal temperature reaches 130 degrees.
- Remove prime rib and let rest until the internal temperature reaches 135 - 140 degrees before slicing.
- Use the prime rib bits for the au jus if you wish.