I absolutely love a roast dinner and prime rib has got to be one of the kings of the roast meats when cooked right. A lot of people like their prime rib almost raw but I cannot abide any meat with blood running out of it, I prefer mine just slightly pink in the middle and medium well on the outside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub prime rib all over with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and white pepper.
- Place in baking dish and let cook for 1 and 1/2hrs, (One hour for a more rare prime rib).
- Stand and cover with foil for 15 to 20mins to allow juices to flow back into the meat.
- Carve into fairly thick slices to serve.
Tender, tasty, and flavorful! We used a larger roast (4.5 pounds) and cooked it to these specifications and it came out rare like we like it. Thanks, SueVM! Made for PAC Spring '09.