Recipe by SueVM
I absolutely love a roast dinner and prime rib has got to be one of the kings of the roast meats when cooked right. A lot of people like their prime rib almost raw but I cannot abide any meat with blood running out of it, I prefer mine just slightly pink in the middle and medium well on the outside.
Top Review by mersaydees
Tender, tasty, and flavorful! We used a larger roast (4.5 pounds) and cooked it to these specifications and it came out rare like we like it. Thanks, SueVM! Made for PAC Spring '09.
- 2 lbs prime rib roast (bone in has more flavour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more
- olive oil, for the baking dish if needed
- 5 garlic cloves, fresh minced (or pre-made jar kind will work too)
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub prime rib all over with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and white pepper.
- Place in baking dish and let cook for 1 and 1/2hrs, (One hour for a more rare prime rib).
- Stand and cover with foil for 15 to 20mins to allow juices to flow back into the meat.
- Carve into fairly thick slices to serve.