Recipe by Chabear01
Every New Years I cook 4 6 - 8 rib roasts for family and friends. This is my recipe for cooking these roasts that always supply enough well done, medium, medium rare and rare meat to feed everyone their favorite.
- 40 lbs prime rib roast, equal to 4 - 6 to 8 bone roasts with bones frenched
- 40 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup garlic granules
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Have your butcher french and tie your roasts for you.
- Preset Oven to 500 degrees.
- Coarsly chop the garlic cloves, poke holes through the center of the roasts and fill with the garlic.
- Mix salt, granulated garlic and pepper. Use this mix to throughly rub and encase as much of the roast as you can with this mix.
- Put into large Roaster and cook in oven for 1 hour at 500 degrees. At the end of one hour cover the roasts and leave in oven for another hour.
- Remove roast from bones and slice and serve per each persons request for doneness. A dish of horseradish and sour cream, and one of pure horseradish for all the different taste buds.
- You can seperate the fat from the pan juices to make an aux juice or gravy and the fat and remaining bits in the roasting pan are always great for Yorkshire pudding.
- I always use the ribs for another meal of BBQ'ed ribs on another family and friends gathering shortly thereafter along with Cousin Caroline's Baked Beans -- another of my posted recipes.