Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Garlic lovers - THIS is your steak! From napastyle.com.
Top Review by swissms
Excellent! I saw this prepared by Michael Chiarello on Food Network and have been wanting to give it a try. I made as written but used dried thyme (1 1/2 teaspoons) in place of the fresh. Thanks for posting!
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 rib eye steaks, 2-2 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and the garlic. Pan roast garlic, tossing once, allowing to brown for about 5-10 minute.
- Drain the cloves through a strainer. Reserve the oil if you want for roasted garlic flavored oil -- yummy!
- Allow garlic to cool then roughly mash with a fork.
- Add thyme and mash again. Then add Dijon mustard and mix again.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF and preheat the grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and press the seasonings in well. Drizzle the steaks with some olive oil.
- Grill meat to brown it, about 5 min on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and place on a large cookie sheet.
- Top with garlic-mustard mixture generously.
- Then place a large pile of Parmesan cheese on top and spread out to edges of the steak with you fingers.
- Place steaks in the oven for 8-10 min, letting the cheese melt and steaks finish cooking.