Prairie Peddler's Note:
Prime rib leftovers? Here's a new spin on a classic prime rib sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 lbs prime rib roast
- 1 (8 ounce) container French onion dip
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
For the Au Jus
- 1In a large saucepan, mix together the Au Jus sauce, using all ingredients to taste. (I keep onion soup mix in an old spice jar to use as a seasoning) I start with 8 oz. of water, 2 teaspoons pepper, 1 tsp Worcestershire, 8 oz. Au Jus, 2 tsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp of onion soup mix and a dash of cayenne. Simmer.
- 2In a skillet, melt butter then combine chopped green peppers, onions and mushrooms with black pepper. Add soy sauce and Worcestershire. Sauté on medium heat until veggies are tender crisp.
- 3Slice the leftover prime rib so that it is at a 1/2 inch (or less) thickness, then set in the simmering Au Jus.
- 4Cut French bread diagonally, toast pieces in toaster.
- 5Spread french onion dip on both pieces (top and bottom).
- 6Layer on prime rib from Au Jus.
- 7Put sauteed mushroom, onion, green peppers on top of meat.
- 8Cover with pepper jack cheese.
- 9Broil sandwich open-faced for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly golden.
- 10Serve with small bowl of Au Jus for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prime Rib Beef Dip
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2049.7
- Calories from Fat 1016
- Total Fat 112.9 g
- Saturated Fat 52.8 g
- Cholesterol 283.8 mg
- Sodium 2488.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 104.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French onion dip
au jus sauce