From Saveur Magazine. I serve prime rib or Ina Garten's beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner. I'm adding this recipe to my list!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season beef with salt, including the rack of bones. Rub mustard all over beef; sprinkle with rosemary and pepper. Set beef in a 12x14-inch roasting pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
- 2Remove beef from refrigerator 3 hours before you are ready to roast it, to allow it to come to room temperature.
- 3Arrange rack in lower third of over and heat to 450°F.
- 4Roast the beef, rib side up, until it begins to brown and sizzle, 20-25 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F; continue roasting until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 120°F for medium rare, about 2 hours.
- 5Transfer roast to a carving board and let rest for 25-30 minutes. Remove and discard chine bone. Carve roast and serve with reserved pan juices.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1898.3
- Calories from Fat 1504
- Total Fat 167.1 g
- Saturated Fat 68.7 g
- Cholesterol 408.2 mg
- Sodium 2044.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 91.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
standing rib roast