Recipe by Pat
I really don't remember exactly where this recipe originated.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
A word of advice is to NEVER leave meat in an oven for 4 to 8 hrs. with the heat off... Bacteria starts building on anything sitting out (even in the oven) after 2 hrs., and you can get VERY SICK!
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove roast from refrigerator and let stay at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sprinkle roast all over with garlic salt and pepper and place in pan bone side down.
- Place in oven for 1 hour.
- DO NOT OPEN OVEN.
- Turn off oven and let roast sit for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- DO NOT OPEN OVEN FOR ANY REASON.
- One hour before serving turn oven back on (to 375) for 45 minutes.
- Remove roast and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- I know this sounds strange, but no matter what the size of the roast it will be perfectly medium rare with a crunchy crust.
- If you want it more well done, just increase final cooking time.
- Great for busy days and eliminates panic when guests are late.
- No more overcooked dinner.