I really don't remember exactly where this recipe originated.
My Private Note
- 1Remove roast from refrigerator and let stay at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Sprinkle roast all over with garlic salt and pepper and place in pan bone side down.
- 4Place in oven for 1 hour.
- 5DO NOT OPEN OVEN.
- 6Turn off oven and let roast sit for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours.
- 7DO NOT OPEN OVEN FOR ANY REASON.
- 8One hour before serving turn oven back on (to 375) for 45 minutes.
- 9Remove roast and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- 10I know this sounds strange, but no matter what the size of the roast it will be perfectly medium rare with a crunchy crust.
- 11If you want it more well done, just increase final cooking time.
- 12Great for busy days and eliminates panic when guests are late.
- 13No more overcooked dinner.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prime rib
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g