Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This comes out perfect each time I've made it. The high temp at the start seals in all those wonderful juices and when its time to slice the roast, you won't believe all the juices. Very moist and tasty. Use your own spice blend but this is how I make it.
- Start with a room temperature roast and a preheated oven @ 500 degrees F. Your oven rack should be set to the second from the bottom.
- With the tip of your knife, poke enough holes in the roast to insert your sliced garlic cloves.
- Rub the spices all over the roast.
- Place your roast on a grate in your roasting pan, uncovered, and place in the 500 degree F. oven following the formula for doneness.
- Formula: 6 minutes per pound for medium; 5 minutes per pound for medium rare; 4 minutes per pound for rare.
- After the alloted time you choose for doneness, turn the oven off and do not open the door. After 2 hours has passed, take the roast out and tent with foil for 10 to 20 minutes then slice.