Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This is a great summer recipes using zucchini and summer squash.
Top Review by ann c 50
I just finished serving this for my girlfriends who all cleaned their plates and asked for the recipe. I will probably grill some chicken to go with this when I serve hubby the leftovers tomorrow. This was easy and I will definitely make it again. Fat and calories much better than other cream sauces I've seen. I think you could use the light sour cream (I'd recommend Daisy--no additives.) I actually had to modify this somewhat, as I was low on parmesan. I had the generic italian mixed cheese (romano, parmesan, asiago, etc.) and used it with my parmesan. Also forgot to procure the fresh herbs, I used jar basil and skipped the parsley altogether-it will be better next time with those included fresh. Loved this!
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chop
- 1 small yellow squash, coarsely chop
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red pepper, coarsely chop
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chop
- 1 small onion, chop
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Bring 3/4 c broth to boil and add all veggies, basil and salt. Return to boil reduce heat and cover 6-8 minutes.
- Mix remaining broth and cornstarch then add to veggies. Cook and stir occasionally 2 minutes removed form heat and add to tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, parsley and fettuccine.
- Mix together and serve.