- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt coconut oil and almond butter briefly in microwave (just enough to thin it out, but not make it hot).
- Combine above with pumpkin purée. Add in beaten eggs, maple syrup and vanilla/almond extract.
- Stir in almond flour, coconut, spices and soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x9 square pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Adjust cooking times to your own texture preferences (less time for gooey squares, more time for ones that are more set).
- Cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy! Delicious served warm.