Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This recipe comes from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook. It sounds super simple with the use of leftover cooked chicken. The recipe suggests trying other add-ins to customize the soup a little more, such as fresh pea pods or winter squash chunks.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemons, juice of or 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 piece lemongrass, 3 inch section (optional)
- 1 -2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon Thai curry paste or 1 dash hot sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken meat, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coconut milk, chicken stock, lemon or lime juice, ginger, lemongrass (if using), carrot, and Thai curry paste or other hot seasoning into a 2-4 quart sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- When carrots are about halfway cooked, add cauliflower florets and lower heat to medium, until the vegetables are all nearly cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add chicken meat and simmer a few more minutes.
- Stir in chopped basil leaves and season with salt and more hot spice to taste.
- Remove lemongrass stalks, and serve in a bowl garnished with thinly sliced fresh basil leaves.