Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook. It sounds super simple with the use of leftover cooked chicken. The recipe suggests trying other add-ins to customize the soup a little more, such as fresh pea pods or winter squash chunks.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemons, juice of or 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 piece lemongrass, 3 inch section (optional)
- 1 -2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon Thai curry paste or 1 dash hot sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken meat, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place coconut milk, chicken stock, lemon or lime juice, ginger, lemongrass (if using), carrot, and Thai curry paste or other hot seasoning into a 2-4 quart sauce pan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- When carrots are about halfway cooked, add cauliflower florets and lower heat to medium, until the vegetables are all nearly cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add chicken meat and simmer a few more minutes.
- Stir in chopped basil leaves and season with salt and more hot spice to taste.
- Remove lemongrass stalks, and serve in a bowl garnished with thinly sliced fresh basil leaves.