Recipe by CAMom49
Soft chewy cookies that simply won't stay in the cookie jar.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I have this exact recipe in my old recipe file from about twenty years ago. I love this cookie recipe! Who knew that coconut grew in Iowa? Thanks for posting. Oh, I used butter instead of Oleo. cg ;)
- 1 cup oleo
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream oleo and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix in coconut, nuts and rolled oats until uniformly blended.
- Roll into 1 1/4 inch balls and space 2-inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Using your fingers, flatten balls into patties about 1/4" thick, evening up ragged edges.
- Bake in 375°F oven 8-10 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.