24 hrs 30 mins
This is from a little old lady who thought everyone knew how to can so forgive me if there are some steps left out. I have not ever made this but wanted to share an unusual recipe. Prep time includes overnight soaking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove skins from prickly pears.
- 2Slice and remove skins.
- 3Cover orange with water and soak overnight.
- 4Add orange juice, prickly pear, and sugar to orange which has soaked overnight.
- 5Heat slowly and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- 6Continue stirring frequently and boil about 30 minutes or until the mixture is thick and the fruit is clear.
- 7Pour into hot, dry, sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch of the top if paraffin is used; otherwise fill to the top.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prickly Pear Orange Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 90.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prickly pear cactus