Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is from a little old lady who thought everyone knew how to can so forgive me if there are some steps left out. I have not ever made this but wanted to share an unusual recipe. Prep time includes overnight soaking.
- Remove skins from prickly pears.
- Slice and remove skins.
- Cover orange with water and soak overnight.
- Add orange juice, prickly pear, and sugar to orange which has soaked overnight.
- Heat slowly and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Continue stirring frequently and boil about 30 minutes or until the mixture is thick and the fruit is clear.
- Pour into hot, dry, sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch of the top if paraffin is used; otherwise fill to the top.