Recipe by Amy in Hawaii
Everyone keeps asking me for this recipe but are somewhat intimidated by the length of my original version so I came up with this short version. This really is terrific.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ultra fine sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend together cake ingredients except nuts. Add nuts and mix well. Pour batter unto greased lipped small cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and spread evenly to form a 7"x11" rectangle.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges start to brown.Do not 0verbake or the cake will crack and be tough.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Loosen cake from pan with a spatula. Cover cake(stillin the pan with a sheet of wax paper 3 inches larger than the cake. Place a clean towel over wax paper and flip cake onto waxed paper that is supported by the towel. Roll cake up in waxed paper (or if the cake is too hot use towel and waxed paper together to help you roll the cake) and set aside for twenty minutes. Meanwhile, cream together filling ingredients until smooth. Unroll cake after twenty minutes and spread filling on cake. Re-roll cake and wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Triple recipe to use an entire 15 oz. can of pumpkin reducing sugars by 1/2 cup each.
- Pumpkin roll can be double wrapped or vacuum packed and frozen for up to a month and can be served with pie filling.ice cream,or dusted with powdered sugar .