1/5 Photos of Priceless Pork Medallions (Médaillon, Medaglione)
AWARD yourself with these oval edible Medals carved and pounded thin and tender, Decorated with diced red onions Gems and Precious green capers. To Embellish more feel free to add artichoke hearts and olives. This is quick cooking so have all the ingredients ready as well as your sides prepared. Adorn over pasta, creamy polenta, fluffy rice, couscous or mashed potatoes. Based on Veal Piccata making this dish more economical by using lean pork. The pork is lean and trimmed keeping it low in fat and using little olive oil no butter making this healthier. Veal or chicken can replace the pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless center-cut pork loin chop (3 chops)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves (one teaspoon minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers (petite peppercorn size is best)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1Trim and cut pork into 9 medallions, pounded tender to 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick).
- 2Season both sides of medallions with salt, pepper and thyme; dredge in flour.
- 3Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat until hot add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 4Place 1/2 the pork in to just brown quickly flip add onions and garlic; when browned remove only pork to plate and cover leaving the onions to caramelize, shift onions to side in pan and brown the rest of the pork adding additional oil if needed; remove just medallions to plate with rest of pork and cover. (Each side should take no more then 2 minutes. Be sure not to over cook for they will keep on cooking as they sit and when added back to the pan).
- 5Deglaze pan adding chicken broth to the onions, scraping to release the bits from the pan, simmering till reduce by half.
- 6Whisk in lemon juice and Dijon, add capers tossing to combine.
- 7Return pork to coat and reheat.
- 9Fresh Lemon-Thyme Sprigs and Lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Priceless Pork Medallions (Médaillon, Medaglione)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 583.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 12.7 g