Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
I took this recipe from Prevention's fiber up, slim down cookbook
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup plus three tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 sliced bananas
- preheat oven to 350.
- spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- in a large bowl combine the milk, eggs, 1/2 cup of the sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- tear the bread into 1 inch pieces and stir in
- let stand for 30 minutes.
- bake the pudding 35 minutes or until puffed and set.
- melt butter in a skillet and add remaining sugar.
- add orange and lemon juice and cook and stir until thickened.
- add bananas and stir to cook and then top pudding with bananas.