Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We love blueberries and this crisp is a family favorite. We top the warm crisp with low fat ice cream or fat free cool whip. Makes a great guilt-free dessert!
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons light butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 1 quart casserole with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Spoon into the casserole.
- In the same bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar and walnuts. With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the crisp is lightly browned and bubbling.