Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this one on a recommended site. Open up a jar of spicy mustard and stand back! =)
- 4 -4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- coarse salt or grated parmesan cheese or poppy seeds or sesame seeds
- In large bowl, combine 2 c flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat milk, water, and oil until very warm (120 to 130 F) and stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth about 4- 6 minutes.
- Cover& let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Divide into 14 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece to 20-inch rope.
- Cover& let rest 5-10 minutes until risen slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To shape into pretzels: Curve ends of each rope to make a circle; cross ends at top.
- Twist ends once and lay over bottom of circle.
- Place on 2 greased baking sheets.
- Brush with beaten eggs.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven& brush again with eggs.
- Sprinkle with salt, cheese, poppy seed, or sesame seed.
- Return to oven& bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove pretzels from baking sheets& let cool on wire racks.