Recipe by kimcroft
These pretzels taste just like they came from your favorite pretzel store in the mall. can be found in shopping malls and airports everywhere. I bet you will find that these are irresistable.
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 1/2 pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup bread flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- to taste coarse salt
- 8 tablespoons butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic. Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp baking soda. Be certain to stir often.
- After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape. Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet. Allow pretzels to rise again. Bake in oven at 450 for about 10 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
- After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt.
- Or for Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, try melting a stick of butter in a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the entire pretzel) and in another shallow bowl make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dip the pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously. Then dip again into the cinnamon mixture.