1/3 Photos of Pretzels - Hard and Soft
Posted in response to a request for a recipe for hard pretzels. EDITED TO ADD: After seeing Marlene's photo and reading her review, I just had to try this recipe immediately. Made soft preztels w/ my granddaughter this morning and they were both easy and good. From start to finish, it didn't take very long at all. A great project to do w/ kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1SOFT PRETZELS:
- 2Dissolve yeast in water, add salt and sugar.
- 3Blend in all the flour and knead until smooth.
- 4When smooth, cut dough into small pieces and roll into ropes. Twist ropes into conventional pretzel shapes and place on a paper-lined cookie sheet.
- 5Brush pretzels with beaten egg, sprinkle with coarse salt.
- 6Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, or until brown. These do not keep long.
- 7HARD PRETZELS:
- 8Do everthing above, but decrease water to 1-1/4 cups and add 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- 9Make pretzels smaller and bake until browned.
- 10These pretzels will stay good for months in a tight container.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzels - Hard and Soft
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 302.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g