Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Frozen pie with pretzel crust and ice cream filling. Taken from the Hometown Annapolis website. Looks great! Cooking time includes freezing time.
- 5 hard sourdough pretzels, crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- fruit (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional) or butterscotch chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pretzel crumbs, sugar and pecans and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Fold pretzel mixture into egg whites.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Firmly press mixture into well-greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- Spoon ice cream into crust.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with desired topping and add a dollop of whipped cream, remaining pretzel crumbs and any other optional toppings listed above.