Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
- 283.49 g package marshmallows, about 40 or 946.36 ml miniature marshmallows
- 1419.54 ml COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- creamy peanut butter
- COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- pretzel twists
- pretzel stick
- canned frosting or decorating gel
- assorted candy
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add 6 cups KELLOGG'S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly. Cut warm cereal mixture into two different sized circles using two sizes of circle cookie cutters for the turkey bodies (depending on size of cutters). Cool.
- Spread peanut butter on bottom of the smaller circular pieces; attach this to a larger circular piece to form the turkey body. Insert pretzel twists into body for tail feathers. Insert pretzel sticks for legs. Use frosting to attach candies for eyes and beak. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Very cute idea, but instructions were not the best. I had a difficult time getting the pretzels in or even to stick because the treats had cooled/hardened. I didn't have the time or patience to make it work.
I'm going to try sticking the pretzels to the back of the bottom circle with icing instead of inserting them into the bodies. May use icing to stick the 2 circles together too. Hope it helps.