It's a good Christmas dessert. It's easy to make. Like a said in the recipe, you can make any variations. If you don't want so much of the cream cheese layer you can 1/2 that part of the recipe and have a thin layer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- food coloring
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 2 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries or 2 (10 ounce) packages raspberries, thawed
- 1Mix the crushed pretzels, sugar, and margarine or butter together.
- 2Put in bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes.
- 5While crust is cooling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and Cool Whip together.
- 6Put on top of cooled pretzel crust.
- 7Let set.
- 8While the pan is setting, mix up the jello, water, and fruit.
- 9Let set a little to cool down.
- 10Pour onto cream cheese mixture.
- 11Let set.
- 12Keep refrigerated.
- 13The food coloring is for the cream cheese layer.
- 14If by chance you want the green color to represent the trees and have the berries decorating the tree.
- 15Also you could even poke a few holes into the cream cheese layer before adding the jello mixture to get a different design.
- 16You could have any kind of Jello to match your fruit.
- 17I have used strawberries, raspberry, and blueberries before to be different once in a while.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzel Salad Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (3159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8806.2
- Calories from Fat 3701
- Total Fat 411.3 g
- Saturated Fat 279.1 g
- Cholesterol 824.4 mg
- Sodium 10833.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1212.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.9 g
- Sugars 730.7 g
- Protein 115.5 g