Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It's a good Christmas dessert. It's easy to make. Like a said in the recipe, you can make any variations. If you don't want so much of the cream cheese layer you can 1/2 that part of the recipe and have a thin layer.
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- food coloring
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 2 (3 ounce) boxes raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries or 2 (10 ounce) packages raspberries, thawed
- Mix the crushed pretzels, sugar, and margarine or butter together.
- Put in bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is cooling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and Cool Whip together.
- Put on top of cooled pretzel crust.
- Let set.
- While the pan is setting, mix up the jello, water, and fruit.
- Let set a little to cool down.
- Pour onto cream cheese mixture.
- Let set.
- Keep refrigerated.
- The food coloring is for the cream cheese layer.
- If by chance you want the green color to represent the trees and have the berries decorating the tree.
- Also you could even poke a few holes into the cream cheese layer before adding the jello mixture to get a different design.
- You could have any kind of Jello to match your fruit.
- I have used strawberries, raspberry, and blueberries before to be different once in a while.