Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my grandson's favorite salad. It was given to me by a dear friend, and it is delicious!
- 2 cups pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, with juice
- Using a food processor or blender, crumb the pretzels until fine.
- Mix pretzels, melted butter, and 1/4 C sugar.
- Press into 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes@ 350 degrees.
- Blend cream cheese, 1 C sugar, and whipped topping.
- Spread on cooled pretzel layer.
- Bring pineapple juice to a boil.
- Dissolve jello in hot pineapple juice.
- Add strawberries with juice and stir until thawed and jello is partially set.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This recipe is fantastic...and one I'm required several times a year for my kids.. Trust me, this isn't a dish you have to worry about other people liking. They'll absolutely love it!
So YUMMY!!!! Wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely delicious.
I like to take this salad to potluck suppers. It is always a favorite! Many times I do find it has been moved to the dessert table. I have used 1 and 1/2 cups of water in place of the pineapple juice in a pinch.