- 1 cup broken pretzel
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together pretzels, 1/2 cup sugar and melted butter.
- Press into ungreased 9X9 inch pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold in Cool Whip and crushed pineapple.
- Spread on cooled crust and chill.
- I like to top the pretzel salad with 1/4 cup of crushed walnuts or pecans.