Recipe by Ambervim
The salt on the pretzels really accentuates the chocolate and peanut butter. Make these milk chocolate, semi sweet or dark chocolate covered.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzels, chopped (or crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temp
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a rolling pin to crush the pretzel pieces in plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and salt. Stir until all of the ingredients are completely blended and smooth.
- Add the pretzel bits mix well.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until completely combined.
- Line a small baking sheet with silpat, parchment or wax paper.
- With a small cookie scoop or 2 teaspoons scoop and then gently shape into a ball with your fingertips. Place the ball on the cookie sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to dip the truffles, microwave the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening together in a small bowl at 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Working one at a time, dip balls into the melted chocolate and use a fork to roll it around. Be sure it is completely coated.
- Let any extra chocolate drip off and place back on the sheet.
- Return the baking sheet to the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes. Optional: garnish with a drizzle of melted peanut butter and crushed pretzels.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.