Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and fun to make! The taste of pretzels and chocolate go well together. These are made with the tiny pretzel squares by the name of Snaps on the bag. Use any chopped nut, but the flavor of peanuts with the chocolate is the best. The yield is approximate pieces.
- 1 (10 ounce) pretzels, snaps (by Snyder's)
- 1 (12 ounce) chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped (or any nut)
- Using a 15x10 cookie sheet covered with wax paper, line all pieces up in rows.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in a double boiler on stovetop. Using a spoon, drizzle melted chips over pretzel snaps.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and lightly press with hand to adhere to chocolate. Let cool until set and chocolate is hard. May put in refrigerator for quick setting.
- Store in airtight container.
Spring PAC 2008: I made these to test out for a bake sale I am in charge of next week - these were easy to make and tasty too!! I will make these again for the bake sale!
These were very easy to make and very good. I think I would like them better with milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet. Get the Snyder Snap pretzels as they are square and line up real easy. Also, I would use Nestle chocolate chips to melt as they get runnier than the Ghirardelli ones that I used. It makes it easier to drizzle. Thanks for sharing your recipe.