Recipe by Guava Girl
I found this in the local paper. The original recipe did not have walnuts, but you can't have Magic Bars without walnuts, can you? Omit them if you are not a fan.
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 50 pretzels
- 20 caramels, unwrapped and cut into quarters (They now sell caramel bits in stores near the chocolate chips)
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml coconut flakes
- 177.44 ml walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press in a sprayed 9"x 13" pan.
- Pour half the can of sweetened condensed milk over the crust.
- Layer your pretzels as close together as you like over the condensed milk/crust.
- Sprinkle caramels, chocolate chips, and coconut flakes over the pretzels.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Pour remaining half of sweetened condensed milk on top.
- Optional : Break up some extra pretzels to put on top, with a few extra chocolate chips so you can see all the colors above the condensed milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.