Recipe by Julesong
I know this one sounds weird, but the combination of sweet and salty is very tasty!
Top Review by TamaraJo77
I have had this salad or something very close to it at a party but never got the recipe. I am so glad to see it here. I made mine using frozen blackberries, because they are my favorites. The sweet and salty flavors do go well together. The creamy middle layer is yummy too.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 6 ounces berry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen berries (strawberries, blackberries, whatever sounds good to you!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the crushed pretzels, melted butter, cinnamon, and the sugar.
- Press into a 9"x13" pan and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, Cool Whip, sugar, vanilla, and grated lemon rind.
- Spread on the cooled crust in pan.
- Dissolve the jello in the boiling water and mix in the frozen berries.
- Carefully pour into pan and refrigerate until set.