Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I know this one sounds weird, but the combination of sweet and salty is very tasty!
Make and share this Pretzel Jello Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 6 ounces berry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen berries (strawberries, blackberries, whatever sounds good to you!)
- Mix together the crushed pretzels, melted butter, cinnamon, and the sugar.
- Press into a 9"x13" pan and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Mix together the softened cream cheese, Cool Whip, sugar, vanilla, and grated lemon rind.
- Spread on the cooled crust in pan.
- Dissolve the jello in the boiling water and mix in the frozen berries.
- Carefully pour into pan and refrigerate until set.
I have had this salad or something very close to it at a party but never got the recipe. I am so glad to see it here. I made mine using frozen blackberries, because they are my favorites. The sweet and salty flavors do go well together. The creamy middle layer is yummy too.
I made this recipe and love it! The salty and smooth and berry flavors are distinct and so good together. Thanks for the recipe!
My Great Aunt Elsie used to make this every year for Christmas. After she passed away a few years ago, it was to my horror that she never told anyone else her recipe! Thanks for bringing this part of my childhood back!! IT'S DELICIOUS!!!