1/3 Photos of Pretzel Jello Salad
1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from a friend Lynn when we hosted a BBQ for our families (we shared an apartment a few years after college). My family loved this recipe. It's perfect for summer and eating outside, but wait to bring it out into the heat until you are ready to eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups thin pretzels, crushed (crush them before you measure)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (light or fat free is fine)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 6 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 20 ounces strawberries, sliced (fresh or frozen, I used closer to 10 oz)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place pretzels in ziplock bag and crush into small pieces using rolling pin. Measure pretzels after crushing.
- 3Mix together pretzels, 3 tbsp sugar, and butter.
- 4Pat pretzel mixture into a 9 x 11 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- 5When the crust is cool, mix cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and Cool Whip together and spread on crust.
- 6Bring 2 cups water to a boil and stir in strawberry Jello. Add cold water and mix well.
- 7Add strawberries.
- 8Let mixture set until slightly thickened, then pour over cream cheese mixture.
- 9Refrigerate until jello is firm.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzel Jello Salad
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 591.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g