Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has been a family favorite for a long time. It is great as a dessert or a side dish. We often take this to a picnic or bring a dish type of gathering and it's ALWAYS a big hit with kids and adults alike! You might want to bring an extra container of Cool Whip and add a dollop to each serving.
- 2 cups lightly rolled pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup melted margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
Layer over Crust
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 6 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 20 ounces frozen strawberries (thawed)
- Lightly roll or crush pretzels.
- Mix pretzels with 3/4 cup melted butter or margarine and 3 tablespoons of sugar and press into cake size pan or glass dish.
- Bake Crust at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Let Crust cool.
- Cream together 8 - 12 ounces of cream cheese, 1.5 cups of sugar and then add 12 ounces of Cool Whip.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix 1 6 ounce box of instant strawberry Jell-O in 2 cups of boiling water till dissolved.
- Add 2 10 ounce packages of thawed strawberries.
- Spread mixture over the cream cheese layer and chill.
Made this for a small group meeting and didn't have a whole lot of time, so instead of baking my own crust, I simply put everything in a graham cracker pie crust that I had on hand already, then put in the freezer until it set. It tasted fantastic and everyone kept saying how good it was.
I have made this before. It is a yummy desert. Sometime if I don't have pretzels, I will use crushed graham crackers and it is just as good!