Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light-n-easy fresh summer dessert
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 (10 ounce) frozen strawberries
- 3 -4 cups crushed pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Prepare jello with frozen strawberries. Put in fridge until almost set.
- Combine pretzels, butter and 3 Tbsp sugar and layer at bottom of glass dish.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and cool whip.
- Layer pretzel base, cream cheese mixture then jello mixture. Let set overnight.
I made this for a luncheon at work and everyone loved it. I used sugar-free jello, sugar-free Cool Whip and unsweetened frozen sliced strawberries. I also put a layer of sugar-free Cool Whip on top of the jello mixture. This dish had just the right amount of sweetness and made for a light delicious dessert. Made for PAC Fall 2012.
I was so happy to see this. My MIL made this a few months ago and I keep forgetting to ask for the recipe. Truly addictive! Perfect amount of sweet and salty.