Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one of my favorite desert recipes. I think the pretzels give it a little different taste, and blends well with the strawberries.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Mix crushed pretzels, melted butter and sugar.
- Press this mixture in a 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Cool.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar and mix well.
- Add cool whip to mixture and blend well.
- Pour over cooled pretzel layer.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- Add frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries thaw and gelatin starts to thicken.
- Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares.
I had this at a friend's house recently and I loved it. I plan to make it for the next potluck I go to.
I've made this recipe for years and when ever I take it to a potluck someone always asks for the recipe.