1/4 Photos of Pretzel Dough
1 hr 10 mins
h jones's Note:
pretzel dough. we like to wrap the dough around hot dogs it is just like the ones you can buy at the mall
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve.
- 2Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- 3Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
- 4While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp baking soda.
- 5Be certain to stir often.
- 6After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape.
- 7Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet.
- 8Allow pretzels to rise again.
- 9Bake in oven at 450 for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- 10Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
- 11Toppings: After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzel Dough
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 1037.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g