Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
pretzel dough. we like to wrap the dough around hot dogs it is just like the ones you can buy at the mall
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons active dry yeast (1/2 pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup bread flour
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- coarse salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve.
- Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 tbsp baking soda.
- Be certain to stir often.
- After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape.
- Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet.
- Allow pretzels to rise again.
- Bake in oven at 450 for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
- Toppings: After you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt.
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you for posting.
A favorite in our family! Great recipe :)
I made these for a little Oscar Party this weekend and they were GLORIOUS! I loved them. I found the texture and taste to be just perfect. A nice crunch on the outside and a soft, doughy inside. It took about an hour for my dough to rise completely and another half hour once they were dunked in the baking soda solution. These were a huge hit. I'll definitely be making them again!