Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I created this when I realized that the cheese spreads I bought from the market were not being eaten. I would get they were too strong, too gritty....you name it! So figuring I had little to lose I throw some things together and viola! This is now requested at home. I usually use Owls Nest Cheese, but Merkts or Kaukana (Wow..I bet that is spelled wrong!) would work just fine. It is VERY flexible so feel free to play with other spices and seasonings that appeal most to your family. Cook time includes "resting" time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated cheese spread (any flavor will work)
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic, minced
- pretzels or vegetables or chips or cracker
- Place all in a mixing bowl and beat the dickens out of it!
- Let sit for 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- I am usually VERY generous with that teaspoon of garlic.
- Serve with pretzels, veggies, chips or pretzels.
O-M-G! this dip is fantastic Michelle!.... I made it a day in advance to blend the flavors. I used almost 2 tablespoons roasted garlic and a dill flavor dip that i had leftover in my freezer, making this a roasted garlic-dill dip, I doubled the cream cheese and used 3/4 cup butter, but used only one container of the dill spread as that is all I had. This will be going to a get together tonight to be enjoyed by all! Thanks for a keeper Michelle!...Kitten:)