Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This recipe, a kid pleaser, is from John Mitzewich at the About.com site. Chicken tenders are marinated in a tasty concoction then coated with coarse pretzel pieces. They are baked, not fried. Adults will like this tasty finger food, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into 4 or 5 strips.
- 2In a large plastic bag, combine the 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, orange marmalade, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, salt and pepper, and buttermilk. Mix and add chicken strips. Allow to marinate about 20 minutes, no longer than 30 minutes because after that the chicken will start to "cook.".
- 3Meanwhile, place pretzels in another large plastic bag and smash them into coarse crumbs (Mitzewich used pretzel sticks). You will need 2-3 cups. Place the crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- 4Remove the chicken from marinade, letting the excess marinade drain off.
- 5Add a few chicken strips to the crumbs and press the crumbs into the chicken.
- 6Oil a baking sheet and place coated strips on sheet. Repeat coating procedure with remaining strips.
- 7When all the strips are on the baking sheet, drizzle the melted butter over them. The more butter you use here, the browner and richer the finished strips will be.
- 8Bake in a preheated 400 degree F. oven 20-30 minutes.
- 9Thin some additional Dijon mustard with additional rice vinegar and drizzle this mixture over the cooked chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 113.2 mg
- Sodium 2367.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 53.8 g