Um Safia's Note:
I came across this recipe in the Cooking for Kids online newsletter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml fat-free buttermilk
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml orange marmalade
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken tenders (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips)
- 709.77 ml pretzel sticks
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- mustard (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Whisk together the buttermilk, mustard, rice vinegar, orange marmalade, salt and pepper in a large plastic container.
- 3Add chicken tenders to the marinade, turning with tongs to coat well.
- 4Place in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, prepare the pretzels by placing them in a 1 gallon-size ziploc bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. (Pound the pretzels gently with the side of the rolling pin to crush.) Spread pretzels out in a shallow dish or plate.
- 6Remove chicken from refrigerator. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Make an assembly line by placing the chicken first, then the crushed pretzels, then the baking sheet. Dip each chicken tender in the crushed pretzels, turning to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 7Drizzle chicken tenders with melted butter.
- 8Bake on the center rack of the oven 12 to 15 minutes until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Drizzle with mustard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 162.1 mg
- Sodium 839.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: