1/3 Photos of Pretzel Crusted Chicken Breasts
1 hr 10 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Although I've tweaked the original of this recipe, I first found it in the Dec/Jan 2010 issue of Taste of Home Healthy Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 1/3 cup hormel real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, dried
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup apple cider (or sparkling cider)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & then coat the inside of a 13"x9" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In a food processor, place pretzels, bacon, cheese & parsley, then cover & process until coarsely chopped, before transferring to a shallow bowl.
- 3In another shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, cider, flour & spices.
- 4Dip chicken breasts in the cider mixture, then in the pretzel mixture before placing the breasts in the prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- 6Great served with a mix of honey Dijon mustard & apricot preserves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzel Crusted Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 280.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hormel real bacon bits