Boca Pat's Note:
This recipe is from one of our favorite restaurants. We usually only go there on special occassions, as it's quite the pricey place!! I couldn't believe my eyes, when I found this recipe in our local paper. I have since made it and it's absolutely wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pretzel crumb (about 2 cups before grinding)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mccormick golden dipt fish'n chip batter frying mix (Usually found in the baking products aisle)
- 3/4 cup red beer, plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 1Stir pretzel crumbs, bacon bits, cheese, parsley, salt & pepper together well in a bowl large enough to let you dip chicken breasts into it. Set aside.
- 2In another bowl large enough to dip chicken breasts, whisk together batter mix & beer.
- 3If mixture seems too thick--it should be the consistency of very lightly whipped cream--add a little more beer a tablespoon at a time.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 5Heat butter& oil in lge skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Dip each piece of chicken in batter mixture, letting excess drip off, then cover well with pretzel crumb mixture.
- 7Place in skillet & saute 2 minutes per side or until golden brown& not quite cooked through.
- 8Transfer to a baking sheet & finish cooking in oven 5 to 7 minutes more.
- 9TO MAKE BEURRE BLANC SAUCE: In heavy saucepan, melt butter over med heat.
- 10Add shallots & saute 2 minute.
- 11Add wine & chicken base. Stir to dissolve base.
- 12Bring to a simmer & cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until most liquid has evaporated.
- 13Stire in heavy cream & return to a simmer.
- 14Mix cornstarch & water together.
- 15Slowly stir into cream mixture & continue cooking& stirring until mixture thickens & coats back of a wooden spoon dipped into it.
- 16Simmer another 1 or 2 minutes.
- 17If using mustard, stir in during last minute of simmering.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pretzel Chicken With Beurre Blanc Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 784.6
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.9 mg
- Sodium 1121.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 44.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
batter frying mix