Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Rhodes Bread
- rhodes dinner roll (thawed but still cold)
- melted butter
- grated parmesan cheese
- dried parsley
- cinnamon or sugar
- Cut dinner rolls in half (I cut them up in quarters, for more bite-sized pretzel snacks). Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size.
- In a large saucepan bring 3-6 inches of water to a boil. Remove wrap from rolls and slip pretzel snacks, a few at a time (or -- as many as will fit), into gently boiling water. Boil for about 15 seconds on each side.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on cooling rack.
- Return to sprayed baking sheet. Bake immediately at 375°F 10-15/20'ish minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush liberally with melted butter. They will transform into beautiful little rolls.
- In three large zip-lock bags, place your pretzel toppings; Parmesan cheese and parsley, cinnamon/sugar, and salt.
- Drop your straight-from-the-oven buttered rolls into each zip-lock and shake vigorously; making sure to coat each snack evenly.
- Transfer to a cooling rack -- and try, just try to resist those warm little heavenly bites!