Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so delicious and rather fast, even though the cook time says it takes about an hour. All time really is chopping and prep work. The cooking goes quick after you get all that done. It is great for using up fresh veggies in your drawer that need to go or if you have some serious cravings like me, a quick fix for that. Delicious with any kind of pasta, I like angel hair.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (sub. 1 can diced tomatoes, drained if no fresh tomatoes)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Cook the spaghetti as per instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, fry the chicken seasoned with the Cajun seasoning in 1 tbsp of the oil just until done, stirring frequently. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and add the onion and pepper; cook covered, about 8-10 minutes until browned. Stir occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and salt, cooking 5 minutes covered. Stir occasionally.
- When the spaghetti is done, turn it off but leave in the water. When the mushrooms are done, drain the spaghetti and reserve 1/2 cup of the water. Place the noodles, water, and the cream back into the saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the onion mixture from the skillet. Heat through and remove from heat. Add the chicken with it's juices, the tomatoes and the basil leaves. Toss to mix well.
Thank you! Delicious -used red instead of green peppers (green doesn't always play nice w/ me and the flavor was great) and the canned tomatoes were fine. -We'll be having this again....it's made the rotation :)
I made this last night and it was very quick and easy. I loved the flavour of the fresh basil, and the fact that this was so simple, hassle free and tasty. It's also a great recipe for add-ons, for instance if you wanted to add bacon or garlic. Thanks.
Dont change a thing!! This was just wonderful! (I presumed step 5 ment 1/2 cup water)I found that when served with some fresh bread this would serve a family of 4 with BIG appitites or 6 reg eaters.