Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
A lovely simple but tasty salad that can be constructed in less time than it takes to finish reading this sentence. (Is it done yet?) Ok, maybe a *little* longer. ;o) Serves two.
Top Review by SolightlyUK
This has a unique taste. Be very gentle with the cumin! I tripled the recipe easily but did not triple the cumin, I did just short of a half a teaspoon and that worked, nor did I triple the celery seeds, again using just about a half a teaspoon. The flavours still really came through. I also only used 6 slices of bacon instead of tripling that amount. It is a VERY pretty salad! Wish I had remembered to take a photo before it got demolished.
For the salad
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon celery, small dice
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
For the dressing
- 2 -3 tablespoons Best Foods Mayonnaise (aka Hellman's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed