Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lovely simple but tasty salad that can be constructed in less time than it takes to finish reading this sentence. (Is it done yet?) Ok, maybe a *little* longer. ;o) Serves two.
For the salad
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon celery, small dice
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
For the dressing
- 2 -3 tablespoons Best Foods Mayonnaise (aka Hellman's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- Mix dressing ingredients well.
- Fold in salad ingredients and chill until ready to serve.
This has a unique taste. Be very gentle with the cumin! I tripled the recipe easily but did not triple the cumin, I did just short of a half a teaspoon and that worked, nor did I triple the celery seeds, again using just about a half a teaspoon. The flavours still really came through. I also only used 6 slices of bacon instead of tripling that amount. It is a VERY pretty salad! Wish I had remembered to take a photo before it got demolished.
EASY..and good..something different too...I added more bacon..5 slices (as that was the end of my bacon)... this is good..a nice change for a salad..thanks for posting.. saw early this a.m. had everything on hand this was my lunch..along with a few of luvmybge's loaded crackers Saltines (Loaded) which I need to go review very very good together