This is a wonderful pasta salad which I have been making for at least 15 years. In fact when I first moved to Greece and my mother visited me a year later, one of the first things she asked me was about how to make this recipe. I have made it for buffets and even for my engagement party and it tastes as good as it looks which is saying something! Enjoy.
- 350 g spiral penne (tri-coloured is wonderful) or 350 g wheel pasta (tri-coloured is wonderful)
- 225 g ham (chopped)
- 225 g peas
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly-grated)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely-chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (can reduce this amount to your personal preference)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water until firm. (I always add a stock cube to the water to improve the flavour-Maggi pasta stock cubes are ideal.).
- Boil or microwave the peas until tender.
- Add drained pasta, peas, parsley and ham in a large bowl and toss well.
- Shake dressing ingredients together in a jam jar and pour over pasta salad.
- Add parmesan cheese and serve.
- Note: This tastes great the next day.
Oh this is really good!! I scaled the recipe down to one (very generous!) serving and had this for lunch. Wish I had made 1/2 recipe and had the rest on the next day - I'm sure this is even better after the flavours have had time to meld. Would be a great buffet salad! Thank you for sharing!