Recipe by joanna_giselle
This is a wonderful pasta salad which I have been making for at least 15 years. In fact when I first moved to Greece and my mother visited me a year later, one of the first things she asked me was about how to make this recipe. I have made it for buffets and even for my engagement party and it tastes as good as it looks which is saying something! Enjoy.
Top Review by stormylee
Oh this is really good!! I scaled the recipe down to one (very generous!) serving and had this for lunch. Wish I had made 1/2 recipe and had the rest on the next day - I'm sure this is even better after the flavours have had time to meld. Would be a great buffet salad! Thank you for sharing!
- 350 g spiral penne (tri-coloured is wonderful) or 350 g wheel pasta (tri-coloured is wonderful)
- 225 g ham (chopped)
- 225 g peas
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly-grated)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely-chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (can reduce this amount to your personal preference)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water until firm. (I always add a stock cube to the water to improve the flavour-Maggi pasta stock cubes are ideal.).
- Boil or microwave the peas until tender.
- Add drained pasta, peas, parsley and ham in a large bowl and toss well.
- Shake dressing ingredients together in a jam jar and pour over pasta salad.
- Add parmesan cheese and serve.
- Note: This tastes great the next day.