Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Posted by request
Top Review by CoffeeB
these are so sinful swimmin...so rich, gooey and boy you don't need too many bites of these and you'll have your sweet fix for the day. A great idea for the Christmas holiday trays. I would advise cutting into 1-2 inch squares at most. Refrigeration is a must too because of the creamcheese. A great decadent bar!! Made for October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month - "ThinkPink" tag game 08'~
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberry jam, divided
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in lower third of oven; spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the brownie mix, oats, and melted butter with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press half of mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and ½ cup jam with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in eggs until just blended; spread over base layer.
- Dollop remaining ¾ cup jam, in teaspoons, over top of the filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture; press gently into filling.
- Bake 32-34 minutes or until topping is firm and center is just set.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving; cut into bars.